Denmark Farm Conservation Centre Ltd Accommodation & Activity Bookings
In these terms and conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
‘Accommodation’ refers to either the Self-Catering Eco Lodge, Bunkhouse, Dormitories, Venue hire or Eco-Campsite as shown in the confirmation invoice or as may otherwise be agreed in writing between Denmark Farm Conservation Centre Ltd and the Visitor;
‘Activity’ means any training course, workshop or bespoke activity provided by Denmark Farm Conservation Centre Ltd.
‘Agreement’ means the agreement between Denmark Farm Conservation Centre Ltd and the Visitor for the Accommodation on these Terms and Conditions.
‘Denmark Farm Conservation Centre Ltd’ (DFCC Ltd) means The Company Limited By Guarantee No. 7462134 whose registered office is Denmark Farm, Betws Bledrws, Lampeter, Ceredigion, SA48 8PB; and
‘Visitor’ means the person named in the confirmation invoice and all those in their party.
- Under this agreement you are booking accommodation as set out in the details provided at the time you do so. Once booked you are bound by the terms of the agreement.
- For bookings made 6 weeks or more in advance, the booking for Accommodation will be effective when a deposit of at least 30% of the full charge price has been received by DFCC Ltd. Up to that time it will be a provisional booking, and provisional bookings are normally held for a maximum of 7 working days.
- You are bound to pay the balance of the accommodation hire charge not later than 6 weeks before the first day of your stay. A failure to pay will result in the immediate cancellation of your booking, in which circumstances the deposit will not be repayable.
- For bookings made for a holiday less than 6 weeks away, full payment must be made at the time of booking.
- The accommodation price includes Value Added Tax (VAT) currently at 20%. If rates of VAT change from that included in the holiday price DFCC Ltd may amend prices accordingly.
- All payments can only be accepted in Pounds Sterling and a credit card charge applies for payments made using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Commercial or Premium Credit Card of 2%, on the total booking value. No charge applies for payments made by Debit card.
- DFCC Ltd permits the Visitor to occupy the accommodation for the period shown in the confirmation invoice together with the use of its contents.
- The Visitor will be responsible for all payments and for any damage, whether caused by the Visitor or his or her party and shall make his or her party fully aware of these Terms and Conditions (see Section 10, clause 1).
- If a visitor wishes to cancel a booking they must give DFCC Ltd notice in writing as soon as possible
- Cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the date of stay will result in loss of the deposit. Where the full price has been paid this will be forfeit. However in the event that DFCC Ltd secures a replacement booking the balance (less deposit) will be refunded to the extent that the replacement booking less 30% covers the balance paid by the visitor.
3. Right to Refuse/Alter
- DFCC Ltd. may, at its discretion, refuse any booking.
- DFCC Ltd. may cancel or alter arrangements made for the Visitor whether before or during the holiday period provided that such cancellation or alteration is necessary due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the DFCC Ltd.
- If a booking is altered or cancelled by the DFCC Ltd. due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, it will wherever possible offer a suitable alternative booking. If DFCC Ltd. is not able to offer such an alternative or the Visitor does not accept the alternative offered, DFCC Ltd. will return to the Visitor the booking fee or deposit as appropriate and will not otherwise be liable for any loss caused by such alteration or cancellation.
4. Change of Booking
- Transferred bookings are not normally permitted e.g. a change from one Visitor party to another or a transfer from one date to another.
- DFCC Ltd may, at its discretion, accept transferred bookings subject to payment of a fee of £50. However, change of bookings will not normally be accepted from one calendar year to another.
5. Maximum Numbers of Visitors
- Occupation must be limited to the maximum number of persons for the Accommodation stated in the Agreement, information or on the website, in the available beds only. The occupation limits are set in line with safety and the level of services available. To exceed the maximum number of persons overloads the facilities available which are often not designed or capable of supporting additional usage, and can lead to extensive and expensive damage. As such any over-occupancy is considered to be a serious infringement of the Terms and Conditions and can result in an immediate requirement to vacate the premises, with no refund of monies due, and possible further charges in the event of damage to the facilities caused by excess usage.
- The accommodation price will include all charges for water, heating and electricity if applicable. Visitors must comply with all the instructions found in the welcome pack in the Accommodation regarding the appropriate use of and fuel for use on wood burning stoves within the Accommodation. Any damage caused by using inappropriate use will be charged to the Visitor.
7. Liability and Loss of Visitor Property
- Any Visitor’s property found at the Accommodation or on DFCC Ltd. property following departure will be removed and stored awaiting collection by the owner. Lost property will normally be disposed of if it is not collected within 2 months and DFCC Ltd. may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs of storage, handling and mailing of lost property.
8. Pet Dogs/Animals
- Animals are not permitted in the dormitories, bunkhouse, campsite and main training rooms. In special cases pet dogs are permitted in selected areas of the Self-Catering Eco Lodge . Decisions will be made on a case by case basis, very large or ‘fighting’ dogs will not be permitted. Where dogs are permitted then a maximum number of two dogs shall apply and only well trained dogs are permitted on condition that they are not allowed on the furniture, and especially the beds, nor left unattended in the Accommodation or in any vehicles in the carpark. Dogs will always be restricted to selected areas of the Eco Lodge for the comfort of allergy sufferers. A charge will be made for each dog. This charge will be agreed at the time of bookings in which case the fee is payable as part of this agreement. If agreed subsequently then the fee is payable at the time of agreement and the dog will not be permitted unless the fee has been paid prior to arrival. No other animals can be accepted in DFCC Ltd accommodation. Dogs are permitted on the trails around the site strictly on a lead at all times and only if owners ensure that they remove all dog mess.
- Assistance dogs are permitted in the Accommodation and the restrictions and charges described in Clause 10.1 above do not apply to such dogs, however the Visitor must notify DFCC Ltd. of the intended presence of any assistance dogs prior to booking.
9. DFCC Ltd. Right of Entry
- DFCC Ltd. and its contractors may enter the Accommodation at any reasonable time for reasonable cause. This includes the need to undertake inspections and audits necessary to operate the business, the undertaking of unforeseen (internal and external) remedial repairs. Save in an emergency this will be done by prior agreement. Should emergency access be required then DFCC Ltd will pay an amount equal but limited to the cost of the relevant time of disruption as a proportion of the total cost of the booking fee but further limited to the areas of the accommodation affected by the emergency.
10. Visitor Obligations
- A returnable deposit of £100 is payable by cheque or pre authorisation on card, on arrival. This will be returned to the visitor, or destroyed, not later than 7 days after the last date of their stay, if the accommodation is found to be in a satisfactory state and none of its contents missing. The Visitor will be responsible for all payments and for any damage, whether caused by the Visitor or his or her party and shall make his or her party fully aware of these Terms and Conditions.
- If on arrival at the Accommodation you discover that anything is missing or damaged then this must be reported to DFCC Ltd. immediately otherwise it will be presumed that the damage/loss was caused by the Visitor and a charge will be made.
- The Visitor agrees to keep and leave the Accommodation and its contents in the same state of repair and condition, and in a clean and tidy state as at the commencement of the booking period (reasonable wear and tear excepted).
- The Visitor must not use the Accommodation or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to DFCC Ltd. or to other visitors or neighbours.
- The Visitor and his or her party must comply with any reasonable regulations relating to the Accommodation of which the Visitor has written notice. Such regulations will be found in the welcome folder in the Accommodation, typical examples would include any local conditions regarding parking, waste disposal and recycling.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Accommodation (nor on the balcony areas) and the Visitor and any member of his or her party agrees not to smoke inside/outside the Accommodation.
- The use of candles or fireworks by the Visitor or his or her party at the Accommodation is not permitted unless expressly agreed in writing with DFCC Ltd. Use of barbecues is only permitted in the designated area (on the stone plinth inside the Cob Oven Shelter).
- The Agreement is personal to the Visitor. The Visitor must not use the Accommodation except for the purpose of a holiday by the Visitor and the Visitor’s party during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period.
- The maximum occupancy of the Accommodation shall not be exceeded.
12. Water / Electricity Supply
- DFCC Ltd. cannot accept responsibility for a shortage of water at the Accommodation or any power cut where this is as a result of weather conditions or, an act or omission of the relevant services company or for any other reason outside of DFCC Ltd. reasonable control.
- DFCC Ltd. liability does not extend to weather related conditions that affect public roads.
- Every reasonable care will be taken to ensure that the Accommodation is presented to visitors to a high standard. Should the Visitor find on arrival that there is a problem, or cause for complaint, the Visitor should immediately contact a DFCC Ltd. staff member. Reasonable steps will then be taken to assist the Visitor.
- DFCC Ltd. is committed to ensuring that any problems or complaints the Visitor may have whilst at the Accommodation are resolved efficiently and promptly, but as such must be given the opportunity to do so. Any failure to notify DFCC Ltd. or refusal of reasonable rectification will affect the Visitor’s right to compensation.
- Any right to compensation under the contract or for any breach of contract by DFCC Ltd shall be limited to the booking fee.
- Visitors must provide a contact telephone number and suitable time for DFCC Ltd. to communicate with them about problems or complaints. Visitors must allow access to the Accommodation by any staff or contractors of DFCC Ltd. to resolve problems or complaints. If despite contacting DFCC Ltd. the problem or complaint remains unresolved, the Visitor must contact a DFCC Ltd staff member again. The Visitor must not independently move to other accommodation without first allowing DFCC Ltd. the reasonable opportunity to assist in resolving the complaint or problem. If the Visitor does so, or refuses reasonable rectification, the Visitor will affect their rights to compensation.
- Visitors must formally confirm any unresolved complaint in writing to DFCC Ltd. within 28 days of their stay, addressed to: Denmark Farm Conservation Centre Ltd, Betws Bledrws, Lampeter, Ceredigion, SA48 8PB.
15. Arrival and Departure Times
- Unless by prior arrangement the Visitor and his or her party may arrive at or after the arrival time (4pm on the first day of the holiday period) but before 7pm. They must depart before the departure time (10 am on the last day of the holiday period). Any stay that extends over this period will be subject to a charge being made for additional days.
- The Visitor will be issued with a set of keys to the Accommodation on the first day of the holiday period and the Visitor must return them on the last day of the holiday period or the date of departure, if earlier. Failure to do so will incur the cost of a replacement set being deducted from the deposit.
16. Right to Evict
- DFCC Ltd. may terminate the Agreement on notice, and in such case the Visitor and his or her party must leave the Accommodation, (without compensation being payable to the Visitor or any member of his or her party) if this is deemed necessary by DFCC Ltd., where there is a serious breach by the Visitor of the Agreement or the Visitor’s or his or her party’s behaviour endangers the safety of other visitors or members of staff; or any complaints are made of anti-social behaviour or unreasonable breakages or damage occurs or smoking restrictions are not observed.
17. Data Protection
- ‘Your data’ is any form of information relating to you as an individual. Examples of this include your name, address, phone number, email address and so on. There are several data privacy laws in place to protect such information (such as the Data Protection Act 1998). All information collected by us will be handled in compliance with all such laws.
18. Governing Law
- The construction, validity and performance of the Agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales, and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UK Courts.