Date(s) - 26 Jun 2021 until 27 Jun 2021
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This two-day willow weaving course will teach you the skills to make a colourful round basket with lid, ideal to use as a wool or craft basket.
There will be a range of colourful willow (think orange, green, brown, black) to weave the sides and lid.
What you will learn:
- How to make a round stake and strand base
- How to add willow stakes for the sides
- A range of weaving strokes to complete the side – 3 Rod-Wale, English Rand, French Rand, German Wale.
- A 4-rod border to finish the base basket
- How to weave a lid for the basket and add a willow piece as a handle
Thick willow will be provided to use as a lid handle but please feel free to bring a small piece of driftwood if you prefer.
Take home your own unique and beautiful willow craft basket.
Approx size is 32cm high and 35 cm diameter on the lid.
All tools and equipment will be provided.
Places are limited to six participants per event and must be booked in advance.
Workshop Fee: £110 per person
NB. There is an additional £15 per person for materials, to be paid in cash on the day.
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- There will be a smaller number of participants than usual, to allow for at least 2m between all participants
- Everybody will be required to wear a mask (unless exempt) if the workshop is indoors
- Please come prepared to work in a cool well ventilated room or covered outdoor space with plenty of warm clothing
- Please also bring all of your own drinks, food, flask and cups etc.
- There will be access to toilets and hand washing plus plenty of hand sanitiser available
You may also be interested in our other courses and events at Denmark Farm including Willow Weaving Rope Coil Basket, Willow Weaving Pet Basket, The Sustainable Kitchen Garden, Willow Weaving Plant Supports, Summer Mandala Painting, Drop Spindle Spinning, Discovering Trees in Summer, ecology, conservation and countryside crafts. See our events page for the full list.
This event is fully booked.