Date(s) - 6 Aug 2021 until 7 Aug 2021
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The Willow Backpack is currently the most in vogue basket in town (and out of town too!). This practical basket can be used for foraging, shopping or even carrying your picnic on a walk.
Because there are more complex techniques involved than some other baskets, this willow backpack workshop is more suitable if you have some experience of willow weaving (or attended any of our other willow workshops).
During the two day workshop you will learn how to weave the D-shaped base, add upright stakes, weave the sides with 3-rod wale and French rand weaves and put on a border.
Take home your own unique and beautiful willow backpack basket.
All tools and equipment will be provided.
Places are limited to six participants per event and must be booked in advance.
Workshop Fee: £110 per person
NB. There is an additional £15 per person for materials, to be paid in cash on the day.
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- There will be a smaller number of participants than usual, to allow for at least 2m between all participants
- Everybody will be required to wear a mask (unless exempt) if the workshop is indoors
- Please come prepared to work in a cool well ventilated room or covered outdoor space with plenty of warm clothing
- Please also bring all of your own drinks, food, flask and cups etc.
- There will be access to toilets and hand washing plus plenty of hand sanitiser available
You may also be interested in our other courses and events at Denmark Farm including Willow Weaving Posy Basket, Willow Weaving Pet Basket, The Sustainable Kitchen Garden, Willow Weaving Plant Support, Summer Mandala Painting, Drop Spindle Spinning, Discovering Trees in Summer, ecology, conservation and countryside crafts. See our events page for the full list.