Date(s) - 24 Feb 2022
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
A one day course to learn the basics of ‘stake and strand’ basketry whilst making a useful waste paper basket. The waste paper basket is one of the most under valued, but commonly used and handy baskets for any room of the house!
Tutor: Jane Welsh
Jane is an experienced basket maker and attentive teacher. Her knowledge and love of willow is inspiring. She will also have a range of her own baskets for sale at extremely reasonable prices.
“I had forgotten pretty much everything about basket weaving and I took part in this workshop to remind myself so that I can continue at home. I now can continue! The teaching was very good, Jane was observant, informative and careful to ensure reasonably high quality results. Denmark Farm is a top venue with great facilities”. Blue Morgan
“Thank you so much for arranging the basket making course. Jane is an amazing and thoughtful teacher. She gives everyone her undivided attention and responds to what they want to do and their level. It is relaxing just to be with her and I learn so much. A big thank you! It was like a mini-holiday.” Jane Johns
Places are limited to seven participants per event and must be booked in advance.
Workshop Fee: £55 per person
NB. There is an additional £10 per person for materials, to be paid in cash on the day.
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- This workshop will take place according to COVID safety regulations at the time of running.
- Please do not attend if you should be self-isolating for any reason.
- If you are able to, please do a lateral flow test just before leaving home.
- There will be a smaller number of participants to allow for good social distancing.
- Please come prepared to work in a very well ventilated room (with plenty of warm clothing and a blanket too if you feel the cold).
- Everybody will be required to wear a face mask (unless medically exempt) on arrival, whilst moving around and when working closely with the tutor etc. At other times face masks may be removed whilst sitting at a work station at a good distance from others.
- There will be access to hand washing facilities, plus plenty of hand sanitiser available.
- We are currently unable to provide any refreshments so please bring all of your own drinks, food and cups etc.
- We can boil a kettle at lunch time to top up your flasks if required.
You may also be interested in other creative workshops at Denmark Farm. Please see our events calendar for our full list.
All proceeds from our events and holidays are ploughed directly back into managing our 40 acre nature reserve. Thank you for your support and please do come to visit soon.