Date(s) - 11 Sep 2021 until 12 Sep 2021
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This new, two-day course will teach you the skills to make a potato storage hod with lid to keep your spuds (or onions) in top form.
Due to the complex techniques involved this workshop is suitable for those with some previous willow basket making experience. Not suitable for first time weavers.
What you will learn:
- How to make a round stake and strand base
- How to add willow stakes for the sides
- A range of weaving strokes to complete the side – eg French Rand, German Wale
- How to form the bottom opening lip
- How to weave the top border
- How to weave a lid for the basket and add a length of willow as a handle
Thick willow will be provided to use as a lid handle but please feel free to bring a small piece of driftwood if you prefer.
Take home your own unique and beautiful willow vegetable storage basket.
All tools and equipment will be provided.
Places are limited to six participants per event and must be booked in advance.
Workshop Fee: £110 per person
NB. There is an additional £15 per person for materials, to be paid in cash on the day.
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- There will be a smaller number of participants than usual, to allow for at least 2m between all participants
- Everybody will be required to wear a mask (unless exempt) if the workshop is indoors
- Please come prepared to work in a cool well ventilated room or covered outdoor space with plenty of warm clothing
- Please also bring all of your own drinks, food, flask and cups etc.
- There will be access to toilets and hand washing plus plenty of hand sanitiser available
You may also be interested in our other courses and events at Denmark Farm including Willow Weaving Rope Coil Basket, Willow Weaving Pet Basket, The Sustainable Kitchen Garden, Willow Weaving Plant Supports, Summer Mandala Painting, Drop Spindle Spinning, Discovering Trees in Summer, ecology, conservation and countryside crafts. See our events page for the full list.