Join us for a Willow Cultivation and Management course based on our Wetland Ecosystem Treatment (WET) System at Denmark Farm.
Find out how the willow is cultivated and coppiced in order to keep the willow beds healthy and promote optimum growth
Learn the traditional way that willow is sorted into lengths for weaving
Discover the best conditions for willow to be planted for growing your own at home
During the morning session will be covering all the above points. After lunch we will continue with some willow coppicing to give you some practice cutting and grading the harvest. If you would like to stay on for the full day the morning workshop can be discounted by £10.
Please bring waterproof clothing and wellies. All tools will be provided.
Fee: £45 for the morning session only (10am-1pm) / £35 for the full day (if you stay on for the afternoon session 10am-4.30pm)
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- There will be a smaller number of participants than usual, to allow for good social distancing
- Everybody will be required to wear a mask (unless medically exempt) whilst indoors
- Please come prepared to work in a cool well ventilated room or outdoor space, with plenty of warm/waterproof clothing
- Please also bring all of your own drinks, food, flask and cups etc.
- There will be access to toilets and hand washing plus plenty of hand sanitiser available
You may also be interested in other workshops at Denmark Farm. Please see our events calendar for our full list.
This event is fully booked.