Date(s) - 2 Jul 2022
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
As we wake up to the negative impacts of fast fashion, more and more people are turning to repairing their clothes. Come and delve into this creative act of repairing your clothes with Hannah from @sipsi_sew_eco.
In this course Hannah will take you through two different techniques that will enable you to repair a variety of your clothes.
- Darning – Learn how to choose thread and how this choice can lead to a visible or invisible repair job. The effect of this technique will be shown on a variety of garments so that you can choose how to use it and which of your garments it would suit.
- Visible mending – Using patches and threads in a variety of ways, Hannah will demonstrate how this popular trend can be used to save your cherished clothes. A versatile technique that can be used on so many garments from jeans to jumpers and lingerie to leggings and so much more!
Bring along a few items of clothes that are in need of repair. Please bear in mind that we may only be able to complete two items depending on the size and complexity of the repairs. That said, you will leave the day with a great range of techniques to use on your repair pile.
Hannah Cutler has been a textile upcycler and sewing teacher since 2005. She has a passion for reducing textile waste and empowering people to repair their clothes. Viewing visible repair as a form of textile art, she believes that everyone is able to use this technique to make their loved clothes last. Remember the most sustainable outfit is one you already own! https://www.instagram.com/sipsi_sew_eco/
Fee: £55 per person
Materials: You are welcome to bring your own sewing kit, threads and fabric scraps to use or else pay a materials cost of £5 on the day.
There will be maximum of 8 places.
“LOVED CLOTHES LAST!”
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place according to COVID safety regulations at the time of running.
- Please do not attend if you should be self-isolating for any reason.
- Please come prepared to work in a well ventilated room.
- Please bring a packed lunch and cup.
- A selection of teas and coffee will be provided.
You may also be interested in other creative workshops at Denmark Farm. Please see our events calendar for our full list.
Mae’r holl enillion o’n digwyddiadau a gwyliau’n cael eu hailfuddsoddi’n uniongyrchol i reoli ein gwarchodfa natur 40 erw. Diolch i chi am eich cefnogaeth a chofiwch ddod i ymweld â ni’n fuan.
All proceeds from our events and holidays are ploughed directly back into managing our 40 acre nature reserve. Thank you for your support and please do come to visit soon.