Date(s) - 16 Jun 2019 until 16 Jun 2019
11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Are you aged between 6 and 16 years and wanting to re-wild your Dad? This is your opportunity to spend the day in the woods together learning Bushcraft on Father’s Day 2019!
Re-wild Dad and Child includes:
- Light a fire using flint and steel and work together to use the bow and drill
- Build your own weather proof shelter, which will be put to the test!
- Have a walk through the woods to learn about the trees and plants
- Dad’s VS children at capture the flag, but not until we are all painted up with natural pigments
- Cook yummy campfire snacks, such as, popcorn, hazel leaf cake parcels and nettle crisps
- Enjoy a cooked lunch around the fire (spaghetti bolognaise – we can do a veggie one as long as we know in advance)
- And more!
Dads don’t forget to have breakfast in bed before your re-wild day in the woods!
Tutor: Ryan Knight-Fox
Ryan is an experienced tutor, having been involved in Forest School for the last 2 years and having now set up his own successful Forest School ‘Knight-Fox Wild About Learning’. He is an Ecologist, Social Forester, Forest School Leader, Coastal School Leader and he has completed his IOL Bushcraft Leader training. Assisting on the day is Cathryn Knight-Fox, co-owner of Knight-Fox Wild About Learning.
Fee: £55 for one child and their Dad (Includes drinks, snacks and hot lunch)
There will be maximum of 6 Dad and child pairs.
In 2018 this event sold out very fast so we recommend booking early to guarantee a place.
Ideally we’d like Dads to attend with one child (aged 6-16 years). Depending on numbers of bookings taken there may be an option for Dads to bring an additional child for a charge of £25 per child.
You may also be interested in our other workshops and courses including: Winter Tree ID, Willow Basket Weaving, Willow Garden Trug, Introduction to Bushcraft, Identifying Butterflies, Day-flying Moths, Dragonflies & Damselflies and many more.
You can book a residential package with this workshop. Whether for Dad and child or the whole family to get away for a Fathers day treat. Charges range from £85 for one adult and one child (two nights camping), £135 for one adult and one child (two nights in a dormitory) to £300 for one adult and one child (staying for long weekend in the Eco Lodge). For the whole family we can offer a two bedroom Eco Lodge apartment for £400 (long weekend). All these charges include one place (Dad and one child) on Re-wild your Dad.
Please do get in touch to check availability.
Bookings are closed for this event.