Date(s) - 28 Jan 2022
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Suitable for all levels from beginner, this workshop gives you the techniques you need to create a willow asymmetrical basket with wooden handle, thought to have originated from Poland.
Feel free to bring any interesting pieces of drift wood or wood for your handle, or thick willow rods will be available for you to chose from to complete your Polish Basket.
What you will learn:
– How to make a stake and strand base using pairing weave
– How to stake up the sides of the basket
– How to weave the sides
– How to complete the asymmetric border
– How to attach the wooden handle
You will take home your own unique and beautiful Polish Asymmetrical Basket.
All tools and equipment will be provided.
Places are limited to six participants per event and must be booked in advance.
Workshop Fee: £55 per person
NB. There is an additional £10 per person for materials, to be paid in cash on the day.
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- There will be a smaller number of participants than usual, to allow for good social distancing
- Everybody will be required to wear a mask (unless exempt) if the workshop is indoors
- Please come prepared to work in a cool well ventilated room or covered outdoor space with plenty of warm clothing
- Please also bring all of your own drinks, food, flask and cups etc.
- There will be access to toilets and hand washing plus plenty of hand sanitiser available
You may also be interested in other creative craft workshops at Denmark Farm. Please see our events calendar for our full list.