Date(s) - 9 Sep 2021 until 10 Sep 2021
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Outdoor First Aid qualification is a 2-day course certificated for 3 years under Rescue Emergency Care.
Outdoor First Aid topics covered include Accident Procedure, Recovery Position, Choking, CPR, AEDs, Bleeding, Fractures, Burns, Head & Spinal Injuries, Asthma, Allergies, Diabetes and Seizures. The course also focuses on the potential of being in rural or remote locations, with or without mobile phone signal, where professional help may be delayed, so we also include Hypo & Hyperthermia and Casualty Movement.
An HSE recognised Emergency First Aid at Work certificate is also included, and a ‘+F’ for Forestry topics can also be added on request.
Comfortable outdoor clothing is essential, including full waterproofs and outdoor shoes / boots, as we will be doing some scenarios outside.
This course is taught by Claire Bidgood a qualified teacher, who has 20+ years experience of being an Outdoor Education Instructor, Overseas Expedition Leader and as member of Mountain Rescue.
NB. COVID-19: This workshop will take place with social distancing and enhanced hygiene measures in place.
- There will be a smaller number of participants than usual, to allow for at least 2m between all participants
- Everybody will be required to wear a mask (unless exempt) whilst indoors
- Please come prepared to work in a cool well ventilated room with plenty of warm clothing
- Please also bring all of your own drinks, food, flask and cups etc.
- There will be access to toilets and hand washing plus plenty of hand sanitiser available
You may also be interested in other workshops at Denmark Farm. Please see our events calendar for our full list.