Everyone is welcome to join us for volunteer events throughout the year – building your skills, helping maintain the varied habitats and rich biodiversity at Denmark Farm Conservation Centre and providing an opportunity for you to enjoy our unique 40 acre nature reserve, meet like-minded people and make a positive difference.
- Friday 28th August – Bracken and bramble bashing, ragwort pulling and trail maintenance. Some lighter gardening tasks also available.
- Sunday 6th Sept – Moth Morning 9.30am-11am. Join local expert Liz Snell and activity leader Aline Denton for a session of moth surveying, as we open the traps from the previous night. To find out more click here.
- Thursday 17th Sept – FREE TRAINING DAY for volunteers! OPAL are running two half-day events, open to all.
- Earthworms & Soil Survey – click here for full details of this event.
- Tree Health Survey – click here for full details of this event.
- Saturday 19th Sept – Dormouse Day. Join ecologist Aline Denton as we survey the dormouse nestboxes across the site and check our woodland habitats for signs of dormouse activity. No experience required. Click here for more details.
- Saturday 10th Oct – Bramble Bash! Join our Activity Leader for a day of good old-fashioned scrub removal as we get stuck into managing our grasslands and keeping the bramble and bracken at bay.
- Saturday 21st Nov – Access & Woodland Management. Join our Activity Leader as we undertake some much needed maintainance work around our footpaths and boardwalks. We’ll be cutting back scrub and young trees to improve public access and get some light to the woodland floor.
To join us please contact: 01570 493358 / email@example.com
We’ll be announcing more volunteering dates for the winter season and onwards soon – so watch this space.
All our volunteering days are supervised by our Activity Leader.
Tasks vary according to season and may include woodland management, wildlife gardening, pruning shrubs & trees, checking bird and dormouse boxes, maintaining paths & boardwalks – and various other jobs around the 40 acre site.
We will be holding volunteer days at least once a month and we will try to vary them with some weekdays and some weekends to enable more people to take part.
Volunteer days tend to start at 10am and finish around 4pm (unless stated otherwise), though you are welcome to join us for half a day if you are pressed for time!
Details subject to change so please phone or email first to check.
Don’t worry if you haven’t any previous experience as we’ll provide all the guidance and tools you need.
Please bring outdoor clothing and packed lunch. Drinks and cake are provided. Lift shares can be arranged on request.
Other volunteering opportunities are sometimes available depending on your skills. Please get in touch if you are interested.