Our new project Gwaith Dros Natur provides an opportunity for you to enjoy our unique 40 acre nature reserve. Join us for volunteer events throughout the year – building your skills, helping maintain the varied habitats and rich biodiversity at Denmark Farm Conservation Centre.
Tasks vary according to season and may include woodland management, wildlife gardening, pruning shrubs & trees, checking bird and dormouse boxes, maintaining paths & boardwalks – and various other jobs around the 40 acre site.
We will be holding volunteer days up to three times each month, during the period of the new project (May 2014 to March 2015).
Volunteer days tend to start at 10am and finish around 4pm (unless stated otherwise), though you are welcome to join us for half a day if you are pressed for time!
Details subject to change so please phone or email first to check.
Here are all the dates for the final six months of the project:
- Sunday 19th October – Habitat & Trail Maintenance
- Sunday 2nd November – Putting Up Nesting Boxes for Birds
- Saturday 15th November – Willow System Management and Coppicing
- Sunday 16th November – Willow Basket Weaving (special event – charges apply)
- Sunday 30th November – Habitat & Trail Maintenance
- Sunday 7th December – Putting Up Nest Tubes for Dormice
- Sunday 18th January – Coppicing and Woodland Management
- Sunday 8th February – Habitat & Trail Maintenance
- Sunday 8th March – Early Spring Birdsong Walk (9.30-11.30am)
- Sunday 22nd March – Habitat & Trail Maintenance
Don’t worry if you haven’t any previous experience as we’ll provide all the guidance and tools you need.
Please bring outdoor clothing and packed lunch. Drinks and cake are provided. Lift shares can be arranged on request.
Other short-term and longer-term volunteering opportunities are sometimes available. Please get in touch if you are interested.
To join us please contact: 01570 493358 / email@example.com