Everyone is welcome to join us for volunteer events throughout the year – building your skills, helping maintain the varied habitats and rich biodiversity at Denmark Farm Conservation Centre and providing an opportunity for you to enjoy our unique 40 acre nature reserve.
Tasks vary according to season and may include woodland management, wildlife gardening, pruning shrubs & trees, checking bird and dormouse boxes, maintaining paths & boardwalks – and various other jobs around the 40 acre site.
We will be holding volunteer days at least once a month and we will try to vary them with some weekdays and some weekends to enable more people to take part.
Volunteer days tend to start at 10am and finish around 4pm (unless stated otherwise), though you are welcome to join us for half a day if you are pressed for time!
Details subject to change so please phone or email first to check.
Here are all the dates for the next few months:
- Wednesday 29th April – Moving firewood up from lower down on the site, some lighter gardening tasks also available
- Thursday 14th May – Gardening (including planting up living wall) and trail maintenance
- Thursday 21st May – Gardening and trail maintenance
- Sunday 24th May – Building stone plinth for Cob Oven Click here for full details of Cob Oven project
- Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st May – Training course run by The Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens to build a Cob Oven. NOW FULLY BOOKED!
- Thursday 18th June – Preparations for Midsummer Open Day
- Saturday 20th June – Midsummer Open Day, volunteers welcome for various roles throughout the afternoon
Don’t worry if you haven’t any previous experience as we’ll provide all the guidance and tools you need.
Please bring outdoor clothing and packed lunch. Drinks and cake are provided. Lift shares can be arranged on request.
Other volunteering opportunities are sometimes available depending on your skills. Please get in touch if you are interested.
To join us please contact: 01570 493358 / firstname.lastname@example.org