Everyone is welcome to join us for volunteer events throughout the year – building your skills, helping maintain the varied habitats and rich biodiversity at Denmark Farm Conservation Centre and providing an opportunity for you to enjoy our unique 40 acre nature reserve, meet like-minded people and make a positive difference.
- Tuesday 19th January – conservation work day (bramble clearance around the lakeside hide)
- Saturday 23rd January – conservation work day
- Friday 29th January – Lichens training session (free)
- Tuesday 2nd February – conservation work day
- Saturday 6th February – conservation work day
- Tuesday 16th February – conservation work day
- Saturday 20th February – conservation work day
- Tuesday 1st March – conservation work day
- Saturday 5th March – conservation work day
- Tuesday 15th March – conservation work day
- Saturday 19th March – training session (free) ‘Willow Management and Coppicing’
More dates to follow…
To join us please contact: 01570 493358 / email@example.com
The current volunteer programme and training sessions are part of our ‘Holistic Habitats’ project, kindly supported by WCVA’s Volunteering in Wales Fund, funded by Welsh Government
All our volunteering days are supervised by our Activity Leader.
Tasks vary according to season and may include woodland management, wildlife gardening, pruning shrubs & trees, checking bird and dormouse boxes, maintaining paths & boardwalks – and various other jobs around the 40 acre site.
We will be holding volunteer days at least twice a month and we will try to vary them with some weekdays and some weekends to enable more people to take part.
Volunteer days tend to start at 10am and finish around 4pm (unless stated otherwise), though you are welcome to join us for half a day if you are pressed for time!
Details subject to change so please phone or email first to check.
Don’t worry if you haven’t any previous experience as we’ll provide all the guidance and tools you need.
Please bring outdoor clothing and packed lunch. Drinks and cake are provided. Lift shares can be arranged on request.
Other volunteering opportunities are sometimes available depending on your skills. Please get in touch if you are interested.