Our new project Gwaith Dros Natur provides an opportunity for you to enjoy our unique 40 acre nature reserve. Join us for volunteer events throughout the year – building your skills, helping maintain the varied habitats and rich biodiversity at Denmark Farm Conservation Centre.
We will be hold volunteer days up to three times each month, during the period of the new project (May 2014 to March 2015).
Volunteer days tend to start at 10am and finish around 4pm (unless stated otherwise), though you are welcome to join us for half a day if you are pressed for time! Details subject to change so please phone or email first to check.
Here are all the dates for the next few months:
- Saturday 7th June - Launch / Taster event 10.30am-1.30pm with buffet lunch
- Wednesday 19th June – Amphibian Monitoring and hibernaculum maintainance
- Sunday 22nd June – Habitat and trail maintenance
- Saturday 5th July - Pollinator friendly planting in courtyard and wildlife garden manitainance
- Sunday 13th July - Habitat and trail maintenance
- Wednesday 23rd July - Butterfly monitoring and habitat maintainance
- Saturday 9th August - Small mammal monitoring
- Sunday 10th August - Habitat and trail maintenance
- Tuesday 19th August - Bat Evening
- Saturday 30th August - Moth Evening
- Wednesday 10th September - Forum & Celebration for all with mosaic making
- Wed 17th September - Managing land for conservation, talk, walk and hands on
- Sunday 21st September - Habitat and trail maintenance
Tasks vary according to season and may include woodland management, wildlife gardening, pruning shrubs & trees, checking bird and dormouse boxes, maintaining paths & boardwalks – and various other jobs around the 40 acre site. Don’t worry if you don’t know about conservation or gardening as we’ll provide all the guidance and tools you need.
Please bring outdoor clothing and packed lunch. Drinks and cake are provided. Some travel expenses can be paid if required. Liftshare possible on request.
Other short-term and longer-term volunteering opportunities are sometimes available. Please get in touch to find out more.
To join us please contact: 01570 493358 / firstname.lastname@example.org